F.A.Q. - AT&T Phone Headsets
How to choose the right headset model for your AT&T phone?
- Design if you would like to use single ear headset or dual ear headset. For example, someone may chooses a single ear headset that gives him convenience to talk to colleges in the office. Someone may chooses dual ear headset that helps she focuses on phone conversation in the call center environment which filled with callers and cubicles.
- Find out your AT&T phone's model. Some of the AT&T phones have the model printed at top of the front, like model 9944, 945, 955, 964, 974, 984, 983, 993 and Syn248. Other AT&T models have the model printed on a label at the back of the phone, like ML17929, ML17939, 1040, 1070, 1080
- Click at the headset models on the table below:
9944, 945, 955, 964, 974, 984, 983, 993, ML17929, ML17939, 1040, 1070, 1080
OVHS072-ATT (single ear)
OVHS084-ATT (dual ear)
Syn248 business phones SB35025 and SB35031
OVHSM372-SYN (single ear)
OVHSM384-SYN (dual ear)
Do you need to purchase any adapter or amplifier to use with the headset?
No, you don't need to purchase any adapter or amplifier. The headset models come with a quick-disconnect cord that is designed to connect directly to above AT&T phone models for maximum audio quality.
Headset Quick instruction:
How to install the headset?
OvisLink headsets not need any installation when use with AT&T corded phones. What you need to do is connect the headset to the headsets port of the phone.
AT&T phone models 9944, 945, 955, 964, 974, 984, 983, 993, ML17929, ML17939, 1040, 1070, 1080 have 2.5mm headset jack at the side of the phone. Some of phones headset jack covered by a small piece of rubber like the image below:
The headset port of the SB35025 and SB35031 Syn248 business phones is located at the back of the phone, next to the power connector.
To make calls, answer calls, switch among headset, handset and speaker, use the headset button on the AT&T phone's keypad. AT&T phones' headset button marked with "HEADSET" or headset icon
. Headset button location on different AT&T phone models may be vary. Following are pictures of the headset button on different AT&T phone models.
How to use headset to dial a call?
Press the headset button on the AT&T phone's keypad, a dial tone can be hear from the headset's speaker. Now you may dial the telephone number on the keypad.
How to answer an incoming phone call?
When the phone ring, press the headset button on the AT&T phone, the telephone call will be connected to the headset.
How to hang up the phone?
while need to hang up the call, press the headsets button again, the call will be disconnected.
How to switch between headset and AT&T phone's handset?
While using headset, pick up the handset, telephone audio will be switched to the handset. While using the handset, press the headset button, telephone audio will be switched to the headset. Then you may place the handset back to the hood.
How to switch between headset and AT&T phone's speaker phone function?
While using the headset, press the speaker button
on the AT&T phone's keypad, telephone audio will be switched to the phone's speaker function. While using AT&T phone's speaker function, press the headset button on the keypad, telephone audio will be switched to the headset.
How to adjust the headset's volume?
OvisLink headset volume is controlled by the phone. There are two volume buttons on AT&T phones' keypad, "VOL -", "VOL +". Press the "VOL -" to decrease the headset volume, press the "VOL +" to increase the headset volume.
Problem and Solution:
- Problem: Press headset button on the phone's keypad. Can't hear dial tone from the headset's speaker.
1. Unplug the headset from the phone and plug in again. Make sure the RJ9 or 2.5mm connector is connected well with the phone's headset jack.
2. Check if the telephone handset has dial tone.
3. Double check if the headset model you order is compatible with your phone model from the headset product pages. If the headset model you ordered is not one of these, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to exchange with the correct headset model.
2.5mm Headset Common Issues and Fixes
Training Adapter Quick Instruction (for AT&T Syn Business Phones):
1. Connect OvisLink headset to port A and port B at the training adapter.
2. Set the switch to "2" position at the other side of the truing adapter next to the "TEL" port. If you
3. Connect the "TEL" port at the training adapter to AT&T Syn248 phone's headset jack with the comes with short RJ9 cord. Now the two headsets are connected to the AT&T Syn248 phone.
4. Press the mute button once to mute the headset's microphone connected to the coordinated port. Press the same mute button again to release.
Training Adapter Problem and Solution:
Problem: press the mute button, the speaker of the headset connected to the coordinated port muted.
Reason: The switch next to the TEL port is on the wrong position.
Solution: Set the switch next to the TEL port to position 2 will solve the problem.