Cisco IP Phone Compatible Headsets
OvisLink makes the best Cisco IP phone headsets for call centers and other businesses. Our headsets have a convenient, over-the-head design, a quick-disconnect cord, and can be ordered with one or two earpieces.
These Cisco phone headsets connect directly to the Cisco IP headset jack, offer crystal-clear voice quality, and require no amplifier. Simply use the chart on this page to find the Cisco IP phone model that's compatible with the headset you wish to purchase. Headsets come with shock protection, an adjustable headband, a tangle-free cord, and noise muting.
OvisLink call center headsets for Cisco IP phones are specially designed to be comfortably weightless for those who work in call centers, service centers, sales departments, and are on the phone for hours at a time. OvisLink headsets have cushioned earpieces and feature a convenient, over-the-head design.
Scroll down for more information:
- How to choose the right headset model
- How to use headset with your phone
- Problem and solution
- Training adapter
How to choose the right headset model for your Cisco IP phone?
- From the above short description fields next to the product images, you should be able to find your Cisco IP phone's series and model. There are the two headset models compatible with your phone. One is single ear headset, one is dual ear.
- Design if you would like to use single ear headset or dual ear headset. For example, someone may chooses a single ear headset that gives him convenience to talk to colleges in the office. Someone may chooses dual ear headset that helps she focuses on phone conversation in the call center environment which filled with callers and cubicles.
Do you need to purchase any adapter, amplifier to use the headset?
No, you don't need to purchase any adapter nor amplifier. The headset models come with a Quick Disconnect cord and are designed to connect the headset directly to Cisco IP phones.
- How to install the headset?
OvisLink headsets not need any installation when use with Cisco IP phones. What you need to do is connect the headset directly to the headsets jack of the phone. No amplifier, no adapter is needed.
Different Cisco IP Phone models have the headset port and located in different location of the telephone. Cisco Small Business SPA300 Series, SPA500 Series have the 2.5mm headset port at the right hand side of the phone. Cisco Unified IP phone 6900 Series, 7800 series, 7900 series, 8800 series, 8900 series, 9900 series IP phones have RJ9 headset jack at the back of the phone next to the handset jack.
To make calls, answer calls, switch among headset, handset and speaker, use the headset button
on the Cisco IP phone's keypad. Most Cisco IP phones have headset button on the phone's keypad. (Cisco Unified IP phone 7931G does not have predefined headset button. You need to program one of the programmable keys as the headset button. Please refer to Cisco user manual for how to program the headset key.) The headset button location on different Cisco IP phone models may be vary. Following are pictures of the headset button on different Cisco phone models.
- How to use headset to dial a call?
Press the headset button
on the Cisco IP phone's keypad, a dial tone can be hear from the headset's speaker. Now you may dial the telephone number on the keypad.
- How to answer an incoming phone call?
When the phone ring, press the headset button
on the Cisco IP phone, the telephone call will be connected to the headset.
- How to hang up the phone?
while need to hang up the call, press the headsets button
again, the call will be disconnected.
- How to switch between headset and Cisco IP phone's handset?
While using headset, pick up the handset, telephone audio will be switched to the handset. While using the handset, press the headset button
, telephone audio will be switched to the headset. Then you may place the handset back to the hood.
- How to switch between headset and Cisco IP phone's speaker phone function?
While using the headset, press the speaker button
on the Cisco IP phone's keypad, telephone audio will be switched to the phone's speaker function. While using Cisco IP phone's speaker function, press the headset button on the keypad, telephone audio will be switched to the headset.
- How to adjust the headset's volume?
OvisLink headset volume is controlled by the phone. There are two volume buttons on Cisco IP phones' keypad, volume
, volume . Press the volume to decrease the headset volume, press the volume to increase the headset volume.
Problem and Solution:
- Problem: Connected the headset to the phone, pressed headset button, no dial can be heard from the headset.
Reason: The headset is connected to the phone's HANDSET jack but not the headset jack. The OvisLink Call Center headset models OVHS072-CUF and OVHS084-CUF are designed to connect to Cisco Unified IP phones' headset jack, but not handset jack.
Solution: Connect the headset to the phone's headset jack (at the back of the phone, next to the handset jack, marked with ). If your Cisco phone has a round pin headset port at the right hand side of the phone, but not a RJ9 headset jack (like the handset jack) at the back of the phone, that means you have a Cisco SPA series phone. In this case, contact us to exchange to the headset models OVHS072-SPA or OVHS084-SPA. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to exchange with the correct headset model.
- Problem: Connected the OvisLink headset OVHS072-SPA or OVHS084-SPA to a Cisco SPA series phone's headset jack. Can't hear anything from the headset, but the headset microphone works fine.
Reason: The headset's 2.5mm connector is not fully plugged into the phone's 2.5mm headset jack. Some of the 2.5mm headset jack is very tight that makes you think the headset connector is already fully plugged in to the jack even it is not.
Solution: Unplug the headset's 2.5mm connector from the phone and plug in again. Make sure it is all the way in.
Training Adapter Quick Instruction:
1. Connect OvisLink headset model OVHS072-CUF and OVHS084-CUF to port A and port B at the training adapter.
2. Set the switch next to the "TEL" port to "1" position at the other side of the truing adapter.
3. Connect the "TEL" port at the training adapter to Cisco Unified IP phone's headset jack with the comes with short RJ11 cord. Now the two headsets are connected to the Cisco Unified IP phone.
4. Press the mute button once to mute the headset's microphone connected to the coordinated port. Press the same mute button again to release.
*** Call Center headset Training adapter OVT-12 is for OvisLink headset models with RJ9 connector. If you have Cisco SPA Series IP phones with 2.5mm headset jack and want to use training adapter, please purchase headset model OVHS072-CUF and OVHS084-CUF instead of OVHS072-SPA and OVHS084-SPA. The training adapter comes with a RJ9 to 2.5mm cord that connects the training adapter to the phone's 2.5mm headset jack.
Training Adapter Problem and Solution:
Problem: press the mute button, the speaker of the headset connected to the coordinated port muted.
Reason: The switch next to the TEL port is on the wrong position.
Solution: Set the switch next to the TEL port to position 1 will solve the problem.
Send email to email@example.com